Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Is it a girl thing or am I just ridiculous?

Once again I've started obsessing over a guy after only really knowing him for a short time. Actually I met this guy almost a year ago but we've only recently starting hanging out or "dating" if you will. It was only one "date" so I don't know if I would call that dating anyway but whatever. The point is now I'm back to doing that ridiculous thing I do when I obsess over a guy to the point where it drives me crazy. I'm just wondering if this is a general girl thing or if I'm just weird like that.

Basically ever since Monday the 5th we've talked on the phone almost everyday. I saw him the Friday before that but didn't call because I knew he had some things going on. Then when I finally did talk to him Monday he's all "why didn't you call?" First, I didn't realize I was supposed to call and second I don't want to seem like I'm all up on his dick for lack of a better term. Anyway, for the rest of the week we talked on the phone at least once everyday, maybe more. Then Friday we had our little date then I spent all day Saturday with him until around 7pm. He told me he was kidnapping me so he would have my undivided attention.

He dropped me off Saturday evening and said to call him and in my mind I'm thinking like the next day or something. Wrong. When I called the next day he's all like "hey, you were supposed to call me" and I told him I didn't realize he meant that same day. I was just with you for almost an entire day so I figured we could both use a break. He mentioned something about us trying to work out when to see each other this week because he starts school again so with that and work he's gonna be busier than usual.

Now on to my ridiculousness. Is that a word? Whatever. Anyway, it's been a day and I haven't talked to him since yesterday afternoon sometime and I'm having a fit. WHY?!?! Why do I always to this to myself? I get way too attached way too fast and it becomes a problem. I mean here I am freaking out because this guy hasn't called me since yesterday! Who does that?!?! Is this normal? Do all girls do this or it is just me? Someone snap me out of this and help me come to my senses!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It depends on the girl. I am not the type to get too attached to a guy, cause I kinda have the philosophy that all guys are dogs till proven otherwise..lol. If he calls, ok, if he doesn't im ok too. But, I definitely have friends like u, and sorry to say they are usually the ones that get hurt the most. I think u need to occupy ur time with other thoughts/hobbies, unless u think this guy was one of those guys that u are "head over heels" for..if not, u need 2 chill out.. :)

Unknown said...

I don't know if all girls do it, but I know I do! It's terrible and I hate that I do it but I just always want to know what is going on lol. I'm too much of a control freak for sure. I am starting to truly take to heart the whole "everything happens for a reason" though!