Thursday, July 8, 2010

Screening Comments

There are several blogs out that require the owner to approve a comment before allowing it to be posted. I can understand this to an extent because some people just go around posting spam or other comments that are just unnecessarily mean and negative so screening is necessary. However, I don't agree with not allowing a comment just because you happen to not like it or it doesn't say what you want it to say.

I was inspired to write this by another blog I follow who will remain nameless. This girl just started some kind of fashion thing on her blog where she shows an outfit she's wearing and there is a poll where you can vote on whether you like it or not and of course leave comments. I left a comment that I didn't really care for the outfit but that I loved the shoes. There were no other comments at the time and I had to wait for it to be approved so it was just whatever. Then I go back today and I see two other comments that are very positive and raving about how they love the outfit and yet my comment is nowhere to be found...hmm. This lead me to believe that she didn't 'approve' my comment because I wasn't totally in love with the outfit like the other two.

It's kind of annoying if you ask me. I mean why bother to ask people's opinion on something but then when their opinion isn't what you want it to be you shut them down. I mean really who does that? It just kinda pissed me off but whatever. It's her blog and if she wants to screen comments and make it look like everyone likes that outfit that's her business. At least now I know that she can't take criticism....clearly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say I did not completely like your post here ...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I totally agree. I mean, why even ask if you don't wanna hear? I always get into trouble because I really think people would like to hear my actual opinion when they ask me stuff. I take my time, think about it and then answer and all they wanted to hear is that I like it. I find this rather confusing and I am glad that this does not seem to be a male / female thing as it happens to you, too.

Thanks for posting this!