Friday, July 23, 2010

Movie Review: Inception

I honestly had no intention of seeing Inception but I'm kind of glad I did. My friend and I were at happy hour at T.G.I. Friday's and somehow movies came up and she suggested we go. Fine by me. I didn't really know what it was about but based on what little I did know I didn't think it was my kind of movie. Turns out I like more different types of movies than I thought. Hurray for my self discovery! Now let's get to the point.

The one negative thing I have to say about Inception is that it was too damn long. I believe it was 148 minutes according to the movie theater website. Seriously, it started at 8:30 and we didn't get out of there until damn near 11pm. If not for my popcorn and the occasional comic relief in the film I probably would've fallen asleep.

Other than that I really don't have anything bad to say about the movie. I thought the whole idea about being able to go into other people's dreams and plant ideas was pretty cool. I also really liked the dream within a dream stuff even though it had me confused for a minute. I'm not gonna give away the end because I'm not that asshole but I was a little mad about it. Not in a bad way though, but I can't really say more without giving it away. It's funny because when the movie ended everyone in the theater let out a simultaneous "aww." But not the sad or sappy "aww" more like a "you're really not gonna tell me what happens" kind of aww, if that makes any sense. It was leaning more towards an "aww damn!" kind of thing but I'm gonna stop trying to explain it now because I'm making myself crazy.

Anyway, if you liked Shutter Island (also starring Leonardo DiCaprio) you'll probably like this movie because it's really similar in a lot of ways. I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lot of people say the top wobbled before the camera cut away, meaning what you think happened in the end didn't happen.