Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dating Crazies

Have you ever dated someone who you're almost positive is certifiable? I'm asking because when I was at dinner with a couple of my friends they were both exchanging stories about their past relationships with crazy dudes. I already knew about my friend J's relationship because eventually the guy started to take his crazy out on me and I warned her that she would end up like those women on Maury who are too scared to leave their abusive husbands and get acid thrown on them when they do. Was that a run on sentence? I'm not sure, it's been a while since I've had a grammar class but that's beside the point.

Anyway, I knew J's bf was crazy because at one point he was trying to get his sister to fight me because he claimed that I was disrespecting their relationship and I didn't like him. He also said I was a bad influence and that J acted different every time I was around. Hey loser, maybe I don't like you because my friend told me you showed up at her house at 3am asking her where she was and threw a pitcher of water at her! Fucking asshole. Then my friend C was talking about her most recent ex and how the crazy runs in his family. It was actually pretty funny.

I was sitting there in silence because as I told them, I've never dated a crazy and they responded with "you will." They basically told me that it was coming and when it does I won't recognize myself and it'll be crazy but that I'll laugh about it afterward. This is what brought me to my original question about dating crazies. They made it seem like it was inevitable, almost a right of passage but I don't think it has to be. In fact I hope it's not because I have neither the time or patience for that bullshit.

So.....have YOU ever dated a crazy? Do you really think that we all get that inevitable ONE in our life that makes us question our own sanity? 

No comments: