Thursday, August 4, 2011

He Doesn't Want a Relationship....

So recently I met this guy who I'll refer to as 'New Boy'. We've been talking and texting pretty much every day since we met which is a big change from 'old dude' but we won't talk about him right now. After basically being strung along and played by Old Dude for the last couple of years, meeting someone new was a nice surprise. So far he seems like a genuinely nice guy and he's very easy to talk to. The one slight downside is that he has a kid which is new for me but let's not get carried away.

My real issue is that once we started talking about relationships and why neither of us are currently in relationships, he flat out said "I'm not in a relationship because I choose not to be; I don't want one right now." Le fucking sigh. That was disappointing to hear but I know enough to know that there's nothing I can do to change it. It's possible that he could change his mind during the course of our.....whatever it is......but I won't hold my breath. It's unfortunate because I DO want a relationship for the first time in a long time. Up until now I've been fine doing the single thing and being free but now I want something more. I think I'm going through a quarter life crisis.

Most people I know around my age (25) are engaged, married, having babies or at the very least are in long term committed relationships. I feel like I'm missing something but who knows. Anyway, for the time being I don't mind just casually "dating" this guy without it being anything serious. It just means that I can remain open to other people who may come into my life. If I find someone else I like then even better. There's no reason for me to close myself off to the possibilities.

That's all for now....

No comments: