Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Newly Discovered Music: Jhene Aiko




Okay, so Jhene Aiko may not be new to some people but she's new to me. Shout out to one of my friends/twitter peeps for putting me on to her mixtape. Now some of you may remember Jhene simply as the cousin of Lil Fizz from B2K (I know that's all I remember her as). I honestly never heard any of her music before but after recently listening to her mixtape I decided to write a brief review.

The name of the mixtape is Sailing Soul(s). Not sure why the other 's' is in parentheses but whatever. Overall it's not a bad tape. My main issue is that all the songs are slow or mid-tempo and I like to have a least a couple of more uptempo songs. My favorite song of hers is 'Stranger' because it's pretty much the story of my life as far as guys and relationships but I also like 'Popular', 'My Mine' and 'Hoe.' I really like her voice and her song lyrics are definitely on point.

You can download the mixtape here.

No comments: