Friday, August 19, 2011

Delayed Reaction/Review: Beyonce '4'



I know the '4' album came out a while ago but I just couldn't focus on posting a review of it. In fact, I never even thought of posting a review until recently. Naturally I had to buy the deluxe edition that was being sold exclusively at Target. Before I was able to make it to the store I was seeing horror stories on the internet about Target stores being sold out of '4' within minutes. I was all prepared to go to all three Target stores that I know of nearby but was pleasantly surprised to find it in stock at the first one I went to...yay!

Now on to the point of this post....

I have to say that '4' is probably my favorite solo album that Beyonce has come out with. I instantly liked 1+1, Best Thing I Never Had, End of Time, I Care, Run the World (Girls) Countdown, Party and Start Over. It took me a few times listening but I really grew to like I Miss You, Love on Top and I Was Here too. I don't know why but something about Love On Top gives me an early Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 feel. It reminds me a bit of ABC for some reason. Anyway, the only song I really have no problem skipping over is Rather Die Young. It's okay but certainly not my favorite song on the album.

As far as the bonus songs, I instantly liked Schoolin' Life and eventually grew to really like Dance for You. I didn't like Dance for You at first because it's like 6 minutes long and my attention span just isn't that long but now it's one of my favorites. I don't like Lay Up Under Me at all. I don't even remember how the song goes because I've only listened to it one time. Also, I really don't like any of the Run the World remixes featured on the album. They're pointless, the original is way better.

Now if I had to pick a favorite song it would probably be End of Time but the song I sing at the top of my lungs when I'm alone in the car is I Care...lol. That's all for now.


No comments: