Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Movie Review: Final Destination 5



****Spoilers may be mentioned****


Overall I thought the movie was good enough for what it was but nothing special. I thought the ending was a good way to tie this last movie in with the rest of the films. My main complaint with the film were the special effects. I just felt that the effects they used to enhance the 3D were just extra, cheesy, corny and cartoonish. For example, when the bridge collapses and the girl falls on the sail boat and her guts are removed by the pole to be shoved in your face. To me it just looked fake as hell. Almost laughable.

Another thing that was unrealistically laughable was when the girl's eye popped out after she fell through the window. I mean, really? Her eye just happens to roll right out of her head like that? Please. Then they add to the stupidity buy having the eyeball get run over by a ar. Pathetic. I honestly couldn't even believe they went there. I'm sure there were other ridiculous moments that annoyed me but those two are the ones that really stood out. Also, I wonder if it's really possible for that whole body bend and break to happen to a gymnast. Ew.

As far as the characters, the chubby guy with the glasses, Isaac I think, was THE most annoying piece of shit ever. And I just REFUSE to believe that a guy who looks and ats like him would be able to bag all the women he was laiming to bag throughout the movie. Also, I instantly hated the main girl Molly. I don't know why but there was just something about her I hated on sight. The boss was also annoying but the rest of the characters were okay. Sad that the one guy went a little crazy at the end but whatever. Of course a bright spot was once again seeing "Candy Man" being all creepy. He's probably the best character in the entire Final Destination franchise.

Anyway, the movie was decent but if I had to do it again I'd probably wait for it to come on TV instead of actually paying to see it.

No comments: