Monday, June 28, 2010

Review: Daytime Emmy's

To be honest I don't even know why I still bother to watch the Daytime Emmy's. It's basically just a rigged popularity contest rather than an actual place to honor people who are deserving for their work. The same people are always nominated and the same people always win. For example, Anthony Geary (Luke, GH) pretty much always wins whenever he's nominated. I think he even got a pre-nom this year but I have no idea what for. What the hell did he do? Whatever.

First of all there was way too much stuff going on that had nothing to do with daytime which was really annoying. They also didn't bother to show the reels/clips that the nominees submitted when they were announcing the awards which was a big WTF for me. Then at the end it seemed like they were rushing through to big awards because they spent so much unnecessary time on musical numbers that no one really cared about. On top of that, there was only one winner from the shows I watch and that was Julie Berman (Lulu, GH). I'm only talking individual winners because I think GH won for something else unrelated to acting. 

The one good thing I saw was Trevor St. John in a suit =D. Other than that the show was a bore.

Overall I thought the Daytime Emmy's were a boring waste of life. No wonder the genre is going down the drain. So sad. SMH

1 comment:

Unknown said...

following you from http://onelittlemister.blogspot.com/