Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hot Jam

It's summer (almost) which means that every radio station worth anything is promoting some special summer concert with most people's favorite artists. Lucky us. My friends and I went to a concert in Hartford promoted by one of our local radio stations and I came home somewhat annoyed after the events of the night. Here's what happened.

First off, the concert was supposed to start at 7 or 7:30pm and we left sometime close to 9pm. If it were up to me we would've been on the road by 6/6:30 at the latest but it's not my car so what can I really say. These broads thought it would be okay because when they went to the winter concert promoted by the same station they didn't get there until around 10pm but were still able to see 4 or 5 acts. That wasn't the case this time. By the time we got there they were already on to the second to last act (Nicki Minaj). She was almost done with her set when we got there so we really only saw about 2 1/2 songs. I swear, these people take CP time to a whole new level...smh. (sidenote: CP time = colored people time). So that was strike 1 for the evening.

Then we got to see the full set of Ludacris which was good. We were excited at first because we thought we were gonna see Drake because he came out on stage while Nicki was on. We were wrong. It turns out that he had performed his set already and that was just an extra little tidbit on her song. He was the main person we all wanted to see so naturally we were pissed >:(. Strike 2 for the evening.

We go outside after making our way through the crowd of hot mess that was in the building. Naturally it was raining and we parked on the street because we were so late and had to walk to the car. Did I mention I just got my hair done earlier that day? Yeah. Then instead of going to one of the after parties nearby, these fools decide they want to drive back to New Haven and go to a regular bar and just chill and drink. Really? How anti-climactic. Again, if it were up to me we would've gone to one of the after parties with Ludacris, Lil' Jon or Young Money. But again, I wasn't driving and apparently I was outnumbered 2 to 1. Then on the ride we heard about all the stuff we missed at the beginning of the concert on the radio. Like Lil' Jon DJing or something, Gyptian (who my friend LOVES) opening the show, and some girl throwing a leopard print bra on stage at Drake. Then of course all the callers on the radio kept saying that Drake was their favorite part of the show. Nice. Would this be strike 3 or 4?

So we ended up going to this dry little bar that I don't much like anyway but they have good wings and make good drinks so whatever. Whenever there happens to be more than 3 people in that place they're usually 35 or older. Sorry but I'm not interested in partying with people 10 years older than me. This time we walked in on some girl's birthday party. I guess she was also a biker because there were a lot of them in there with their tricked out leather jackets and bikes parked outside. We used the bathroom, had 2 drinks and left. At least the one bartender was hot.

The night wasn't a total bust because I really enjoyed the Luda performance and what we actually saw of Nicki and Drake. Maybe next time people will leave on time, especially since we ended up paying $65 to see 2 people perform. Actually 1 1/2. SMFH

1 comment:

Anna said...

Aw, sorry the night kind of sucked. I love Nicki Minaj BTW.