Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mini Vacation Update

I know it's only been a few days since my last post but I feel like I've been gone forever. Anyway, I'm still here just on a weekend vacation....sort of. My dad and I drove down to Virginia with my cousin to visit my family for the weekend. It's actually the one year anniversary of my uncle's death and my cousin wanted to be down here with her mom and sister for it. He actually died on Father's Day of last year...the universe has quite a sick sense of humor.

Now I'm down in the country for the weekend where they drive slow and don't have sidewalks. We're staying near the Fort Lee army base so the place is crawling with soldiers because they got paid this week. According to my cousin a lot of the soldiers take hotel rooms for the weekend when they get paid. I don't know why but whatever. My dad wanted to take me to show me where he was stationed but he wakes up way too early, especially for a Saturday. And did I mention my family calling and waking me up at 7:34am to see if I wanted to come over for breakfast? Umm, call me in like 5 hours for lunch. Not much to say so I guess that's all for now. I know this post is a little all over the place so here's a pretty picture of the backyard for your enjoyment:

No comments: