Monday, June 28, 2010

Review: BET Awards

I knew the BET Awards were gonna be nothing but fuckery and coonishness because that's really all BET is lately anyway (which is why I really don't watch anymore, except for The Game). I was actually looking forward to having a good laugh....and I did. I'm not gonna talk about everything, just a few moments that stood out for me.

Let's start with the host. As much as I love Queen Latifah, she really wasn't that funny as a host. And what was up with those weird costume changes and half assed skits? Weird. The best part was the very beginning when she opened and that rap she did. Also the white outfit at the end was fly. Queen always looks good.

Alicia Keys. She sounded good and looked good for sure and I'm glad she won. I just don't understand why she was crawling around on that piano. Is it okay for a pregnant woman to do that? I was a little worried. I wonder if Mashonda was watching, HAHAHAHA! (That was wrong, I know)

Chris Brown. I must admit that his MJ tribute was SO on point. Much better than that nonsense BET tried to pass off as a tribute last year. But what the hell was he crying about? People on twitter talking about they got emotional because he was crying and all this bullshit about him breaking down. People PLEASE! I'm so over this dude I don't know what to do with myself. Yes he's talented but he's also a woman beater. People keep saying you have to forgive, etc but he doesn't need my forgiveness. I'm not the one he beat up so it doesn't matter. I'm sure he's sorry and he should be. I still just can't fuck with him anymore. *shrugs*

Patti Labelle. YES bitch! Kick those shoes off and SANG!!!! That is all.

Monica. First off, she should have been nominated for best female R&B instead of that bootleg ass centric award. Second, what the hell was up with those big ass shoulder things on her outfit when she was performing? Girl NO! Last but not least, despite being partially distracted by the oversized shoulders, her performance was on point. That girl has a voice.

Prince Tribute. It was cool, but his facial expressions during it were the best part. And who wears a shirt with their own face on it? Vain much?

DeBarge. To be honest I'm still not sure which one of the DeBarge's it was but he gave those youngins a lesson.

These are all the things that really stood out for me. Everything else was just whatever. And yes I will be tuning in for next year's coonery as well.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I loved it when Prince held up Patti's shoe...!