Sunday, April 25, 2010

Did I start some drama?

....and more importantly, do I care?

So here's the deal, I had a huge ridiculous crush on this guy all through high school but he never even looked my way. Since graduating we've seen each other out around town but we never really said anything to each other because we were never friends. He was, however, friends with a good friend of mine. Long story short, we ran into each other at a bar last year and after encouragement from my friend in the form of "Hey, you remember Katrina right?" we ended up talking a bit and exchanging numbers....yay! (or so I thought)

We were talking/texting/facebook chatting back and forth for a while because I left to go back to school. Then when I was home for a weekend I went and hung out with him for a bit. After I came back we still talked pretty regularly for a couple of weeks then nothing, which is as much my fault as it is his because sometimes I just don't care enough to keep in touch with people, especially guys *shrugs*.

Anyway, after some time went by he started talking to me on facebook chat one day and it all went downhill from there. First off, he contacted me through his friend's account who I'm also friends with which I thought was a little weird. To be honest, I didn't believe it was him for several reasons. First is because he asked if we were gonna hang out that night which I found strange because the last time we saw each other was the day before I left for school. He even called me the next night to see if I made it back okay. Then this is how the facebook convo went:

Him: When you get back I'm gonna lick that ass.
Me: Umm, ew.
Him: Let me hit you up when I get on my page, I'm on my boy's account right now.
Me: Probably not because I'm kinda grossed out right now.

Suddenly I see that he is signed on under his own name and I quickly logged off. That was the last I spoke to him. Less than a week later his facebook says that he's now 'In a relationship' with some thick broad. Really? Not 2 seconds ago you were trying to lick my ass and now you're in a relationship?! Ok, I get it. Upon seeing this I decided to click 'Like' on his new relationship status. There were also comments from a few other girls pretty much congratulating him on this new relationship. Then a day or so later there is a comment from the thick broad saying "oh, so you deleted it because of these little comments?" That's when I noticed that his relationship status was no longer listed as in a relationship. He basically just removed the relationship status portion of his profile and the thick broad 'Liked' that he was 'No longer in a relationship.'

The question is, did I cause this drama? Did my one little asshole move bring problems to others? I don't know. Maybe I'm giving myself too much credit here. Maybe it had nothing to do with me at all, it just happened. But the timing is a little convenient for it to just be a coincidence because I didn't 'Like' his status until about 2 days later. I just find it funny that he deleted his status just after I 'Liked' it. Either way, I had a hearty laugh at his expense. The whole thing was quite entertaining.

No comments: