Saturday, April 24, 2010

Birthday Celebration from Hell (or at least somewhere close to it)

This past Wednesday (the 21st) was my birthday but I didn't actually go out to celebrate it until Friday. I was planning and hoping to have so much fun but that ended up not happening. In fact the entire week started going downhill on Monday but I held out hope that it would get better. It was my birthday week so of course I tried to have a positive attitude and be in a good mood but now I'm just annoyed with everything. Here's what happened:

Monday: My friend from back home told me that she wouldn't be able to drive down for this concert on Friday that we both really wanted to go to because she couldn't afford to spend the extra cash with her car payment due the same week....understandable but still, I was disappointed. We haven't seen each other for months so it would've been fun to hang out for the weekend. Moving on...


Tuesday: My other friend tells me that she can't go to the concert because it costs too much. Apparently when I told her the prices the first time around (a couple weeks ago) she didn't remember them being so high. In case you're wondering: Floor seats were $75, Lower level were $55 and Upper level was $30. To me that doesn't seem so bad for the number of acts that were going to be there. Especially when other concerts start in the $100s but ok, sure....whatever. Instead we made plans to just go out clubbing on Friday instead since I didn't have anyone else to go to the concert with.

Wednesday (my actual birthday): I'm a nursing student so I spent 12 hours in clinical. Ordinarily I don't care because I like clinical but having to be at the hospital by 6:30am on my birthday really hurt my soul...ugh. I didn't go out that night because by the time I got home all I wanted to do was sleep. On the up side, I was able to see an X-ray of conjoined twins so that was pretty cool.


Thursday: I texted my two friends (including the non concert goer) to tell them I wanted to go out Friday for my birthday. My one friend was sick and couldn't go out so I can't fault her for that. The other one told me she was planning to go out with her other friend to some 18+ club because her friend's friend isn't 21. Really bitch? Didn't we just make plans to go out? Ugh! Then she asks why I didn't tell her it was my birthday. Why? Because I'm not one of those people who runs around shouting "Hey it's my birthday!" to anyone who will listen, that's why. I didn't say that though, I just told her that's what Facebook is for. It's funny though because she was the only one of the 3 girls I actually hang with out here that didn't realize it was my birthday. Again...whatever. So we decide that the two of us and our other friend J are gonna go out on Friday.

Friday: Complete and utter bullshit ensued for the night...smfh

1. The place I really wanted to go to was dead as a doornail. We walked over, looked inside and the place had all of 10 people inside. Disappointing indeed.

2. The next place on my list that I heard really good things about had a bouncer that was a complete douche. I showed him my driver's license (out of state because I'm in PA but I'm from CT) and he says "That's not you sweetheart." Really asshole? I've been using that government issued ID to go into every spot since I got it
3 years ago but that's not me. Why because my hair is different and I wasn't smiling? Seriously?! I'm 24, what the fuck do I need a fake ID for? I've NEVER used a fake in my life. If I wasn't old enough to get in I just didn't bother going. Admittedly, I know that I look young for my age. I get told on a regular basis that I look anywhere from 16-18 but never my actual age. But still for him to say it's not me, like I'm trying to sneak into his raggedy little club when I wasn't just pissed me off.

3. We end up going to the same place we always go to which was ok because at least we always have fun there. After a while the music started to suck so we went to a few other places. One place I wanted to go to but when we got outside I could tell by the music playing I didn't want to go in. Then we were bombarded by some guys who somehow talked my friends into going inside. I ended up going in and was ready to go instantly. Why we stayed there as long as we did (about 5-10 minutes) I can't for the life of me figure out. Especially since we never even saw the guys who talked my friends into going in in the first place. So annoying.

4. We go to the next place which I also don't like but I figured I'd give it a chance because my friend kept bitching about wanting to go there. The only good thing about this place is the music and the drinks, everything else sucks. It's way too small so with all the people in there you can barely move a muscle. And the worst part is that when we walked in it seemed like every guy in the place was staring us down like we were slabs of meat. It was really disturbing and J and I felt really uncomfortable. Yet we ended up staying there for a little bit....lord why?! In the end we went back to our original spot until the end of the night.

5. How did I end up paying for the entire cab ride on MY birthday? Good question. When one girl only brings a debit card and the other girl only brings $5 it's kind of hard to split the bill. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would go out and not bring money with them. One thing my mom always told me was to NEVER go anywhere without cash because you never know what could come up and I've always listened to that.

Fun night huh? Happy birthday to me.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yay comments work now. :)

Sorry you had basically the worst birthday ever. I'm hoping everyone will make it up to you over the next few weeks... The cab fare part is absolutely nuts- they all owe you money or at least a drink.

Hey, maybe you just needed a really bad day to jumpstart a really great year.

Miss K said...

They're gonna pay me back for the cab this week but, still. And hopefully things we get better from here.