Saturday, April 17, 2010

Why can't I just get over it?! UGH!

What the hell is my problem? I mean seriously, why do I ALWAYS do this to myself? No matter what happens I always find a way to end up liking guys way more than I probably should. Then I start obsessing and it turns into this whole big thing that's mostly just in my mind because I always think of all these random scenarios that are never going to happen. Ordinarily my over-liking (pretty sure I just made that up) of a guy wouldn't be a problem but in this case it's turning into an issue....in my head at least.

I'm pretty sure I broke some kind of unspoken relationship rule because I stupidly fell for a guy on vacation. There are four previous posts about this guy which just goes to show how ridiculous I am...smh. Anyway, a little backstory on this guy: I met this hot Australian dude with rock hard abs while I was on spring break in Miami. We hung out, partied, and all that good stuff but then I had to go back to reality while he continued to travel around the US for another few weeks. We were keeping in touch via text until he smashed his phone so now it's been reduced to the occasional Facebook message. We were trying to make plans to meet up once more before he left to go back to Australia but I'm pretty sure that's not happening since I think he's leaving next week (according to Facebook that is).

Isn't part of the fun of being on vacation meeting lots of people you like, having fun with them and maybe exchanging a few numbers and leave it at that? Apparently I didn't get that memo. I couldn't even give anyone else a real chance while I was on break because I was so hooked on this guy. And the fact that I met him on our very first night there didn't help at all because I spent the entire week trying to find ways to hang with him. Also the fact that we're so much a like and have the same sarcastic and borderline mean sense of humor makes it even harder to get over him.

But, slowly but surely I think I really am starting to get over him....finally. It took a good friend of mine to point out the truth that I already knew which is that I met this guy on vacation, he lives all the way in Australia and it was fun while it lasted but it's time to move on. This is nothing new. I knew these things already but somehow it didn't really register for me until my friend said it to me out loud. And she's right, it was cool while it lasted but deep down I knew it would never amount to anything more than a temporary vacation fling. He's a cool dude and I hope we keep in touch in case he ever comes back to the states for a visit or in the off chance that I someday travel to Australia but in the mean time it's time to let that go. It's been real!

"I'm a lot wiser and a little older, hey baby it was nice to know ya. Goodbye T.O.N.Y."

No comments: