Friday, March 19, 2010

"I can see you married to a white man...."

The title sentence of this post was uttered by a good friend of mine while we were on vacation. Oddly enough, I had never really thought too much about the possibility of marrying a white guy until she said that. I've dated people from different races so it really doesn't matter but for some reason I never considered it.

Like I mentioned before, this whole thing started while we were on vacation in Miami for a few days and I guess my friend, who I'll call 'M,' noticed a difference in my behavior/communication with black guys vs. white guys. M told me that I'm more talkative and engaging with white guys than with black guys. Apparently with black guys I was looking around, not making as much eye contact and not talking to them as much. I never noticed any type of change in my behavior when talking to guys of different races so I was a little surprised by her comments. There's really no explanation I can think of as to why this happens because I don't prefer one race over the other and I've had both good and bad experiences with both black and white guys.

After doing a little self reflection, I realized that it is much easier for me to talk to white guys. I have no clue why but that's just the way it is, for me at least. At the moment I'm crushing on a black guy and a white guy so I guess I'll have to be a little more observant of my behavior towards each of them to see if there are any real differences. Nothing wrong with a little self analysis every now and again. With that being said, in the words of Big Pun: "I don't discriminate, I regulate every shade of that ass."

Happy Dating! :)

No comments: