Saturday, May 22, 2010

Songs I Like Right Now

Yet another Friday night that I'm sitting home alone so I decided to write a little blog about some songs that are currently stuck in my head. Feel free to share yours too.

Unthinkable by Alicia Keys: I just absolutely LOVE this song Drake definitely did his thing (he wrote it in case you didn't know). But I really don't see the point of the remix. The only difference is that Drake has a verse in the beginning. To me a remix is something almost completely different from the song but not so unrecognizable that you don't know what the original song was. But that's just my opinion.


Why Don't You Love Me by Beyonce: I love Bey but I could've sworn I heard she was taking a break. Yet everywhere I look I see her. And how the hell is she nominated for a BET Award for an album that's what, 2 years old? I mean really, Sweet Dreams for best video? Stop the fuckery. In case you didn't know, her sister Solange wrote this song. (I know I'm bitching right now but I still love me some Bey)


Airplanes by B.O.B. feat. Hayley from Paramore: The first time I heard this song I was riding in a car with my friend on the way to the Jordin Sparks concert and my first thought was 'wtf is this bullshit?' After hearing it a few more times I grew to really like it so of course I had to download it. I don't know much about this B.O.B. person but I do like Paramore so why not?(ps: the youtube video for this one is a little...off)

Romeo & Juliet Soundtrack: You know the one with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes? Yep, that one. They've been playing it a lot on tv lately and my favorite parts are the ones with the singing. The little boy who sings Everybody's Free and When Doves Cry, the part at the party where Mercucio (sp?) I think is dressed in drag singing that young hearts run free song or whatever it's called, then the part where R & J first see each other and that Kissing You song is being sung. I freaking love that movie and the music in it.

Take You Home by Adrienne Bailon: This is a remake to the Lisa Lisa song from the 80's which I also really like but I love Adrienne's version too. I'm ready for her solo album to hurry up and come out already. What's the hold up?! (notice: there are 2 different links; one for the song and one for my other blog post)

That's all for now. DEUCES!!!!

(sn: most of the post titles are links....in case you didn't notice.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll check out the alicia keys song!
i love airplanes too!

Miss K said...

You should, it's a good song! At least I think so...lol