Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm Bored

I mean really, just bored. Now that school is over and I have yet to find a job, I have absolutely no life. Add to that the fact that the few people I actually hang out with around here graduated and are moving back home by the end of the summer I'm REALLY screwed for a social life. I'm planning on going back home for a while this summer so hopefully then I can at least find a little something to do but still. As much as I hated having to wake up at 5 am to be at clinical by 6:30am I'd much rather be doing that than sitting around the house all day every day with nothing to do. It's times like this where I wish I had a ton of friends or different groups of friends to hang with and a booming social life. But being quiet and somewhat shy has seriously limited my number of friends....damn. I guess I could read the stack of books I have sitting on my dresser but I'm not sure where to start. These are my options:

-Push by Sapphire (the book the movie Precious was based on)

-A Time to Kill by John Grisham (I love the movie so I figured I may as well read the book)

-Othello by Shakespeare (I saw the movie 'O' with Mekhi Phifer and Julia Stiles, loved it and again thought I may as well read the book)

-Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey (I just think it's necessary)

-The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor (We read some of her stuff in high school and I loved it but never got around to reading anything else of hers...so I bought book with pretty much ALL of her writings)

Decisions, decisions....hmm


2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the movie a time to kill!
i haven't read the book though

Anna said...

Oh, my friend read that Steve Harvey book and talks about it all the time.

I hear ya on the lame social life. Once you find a job, things will pick up! Enjoy your time to chill out and read. :)