Thursday, December 23, 2010

Some People Are Idiots!!! re: DADT

I was on Twitter (as usual) and I came upon a tweet between two people that had nothing to do with me that annoyed the hell out of me (another reminder that I need to stop clicking on things on twitter). No doubt the annoying tweet was from a republican and they were having a Twitter convo with a very liberal person. They were talking about DADT and the not so liberal was asking about bedding for the soldiers now that DADT has been repealed. Meaning where are the gay soldiers going to sleep now because apparently gay and straight people can't share bedrooms or whatever they call the sleeping quarters in the army.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. In the army, men all sleep in the same area and women all sleep in the same area, correct? So why should that change now? Didn't these people share sleeping quarters BEFORE anyone knew if they were gay or straight? And it wasn't a problem then so why should it be now? This person on Twitter questioned whether men and women would now have to room together. Again, stupid. I don't see what's so wrong with a gay person and a straight person of the same sex sleeping in the same room. What the hell do you think is gonna happen?

I swear I can't take this ignorant nonsense.

2 comments:

ed2you2 said...

Love the way you put that! People just don't get it!

Miss K said...

Thanks!