Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm Inspired!!!

While reading another blog over on Wordpress, a quote from the author of the blog really inspired me:

"I think it’s absolute ludicrous to NOT do something just because you don’t have a companion. You will waste your whole life waiting on others to agree to do what YOU want. Makes no sense."
I swear this totally speaks to my life. So many times I don't do things or I end up altering the things I want to do just because my friends don't want to do them with me or I feel like I have to appease them. What the hell was I thinking?!?! There are a few things out there that I just feel aren't any fun to do without a companion like going to an amusement park, but so many other things I could do on my own and be just fine. There's no reason in the world for me not to do something I really want to do just because I can't get anyone to do it with me. Screw that. I need to live my own life and live it for myself.

It's gonna take baby steps but it's gonna be worth it in the end and much more fulfilling when I get to do all the things I want to do. My first mission: Go to the movies alone (I know it's not much but I'm trying okay, geez). 

Thanks to Dash of Reality for that reality check. I SO needed that in my life right now.

No comments: