Saturday, September 4, 2010

Comcast Really Tried to Play Me....smh

So, I just moved back to my apartment for school and since the cable and internet was in my old roommate's name I had to get it turned on again after she moved out. No problem right? Umm, wrong. They were scheduled to come between 7am-9am on Friday which was kind of pushing it for me because I had to be in class at 9 to take a med math test. Luckily my class is right across the street. That was the first time they offered and I felt like I had to take it because with cable companies it can take forever to reschedule.

The good news is that the guy came on time. I was a little worried at first but he actually showed up around 7:30ish. Now for the bad news....they had my address wrong somehow. The guy called and said he was having trouble finding my house and asked if the address was XX51 and I told him no, it's XX58. I don't know about everyone else but to me 1 and 8 don't sound alike AT ALL. Because of THEIR mistake the guy said he would have to call his supervisor to see if he could even do the install....great.

After he called, I had to call and get them the change my address. The first woman I talked to told me that I had to reschedule the entire thing because it was at the wrong address. Needless to say I was pissed because it wasn't my fault, it's theirs. Then she said she was gonna transfer me to whoever I needed to talk to but instead she disconnected me *sigh*. So now I had to call back again and sit on hold forever until I got a real person all the while staring at the clock and wondering if I would get this done in time to get to class. The next woman I talked to was WAY more helpful and she changed the address and everything and once I told her the cable guy was standing right there she talked to him for a bit and he was able to finish the installation...yay!

After all that everything ended up being okay but it was still a pain in the ass. The guy didn't leave until almost 8:30 because of all the extra drama of being on the phone forever trying to get things straight. The real downside was that I ended up having to pay more than what I was originally told because they had to cancel the entire order that was at the wrong address. The woman told me that September prices were now in effect so that's what I was being charged. LAME! It was only $10 more per month but still....

On the bright side, I made it to class in time for my med math test and I got 100%....YAY!

No comments: