Monday, September 6, 2010

Random Kat Fact: Row Homes

I hate row homes.

I didn't realize it until I actually lived in one. That's probably one of the things I hate the most about living in Philly is these damn row homes. It's so annoying because if something happens to one house it affects all the others. For example, there was an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in Philly and the home in need of a makeover was a row home. Of course they couldn't knock the house down because it was connected to a bunch of other houses so that would have been a problem. There's also the noise you can easily hear because there's only a wall between you and the next house. And of course the people walking around on your roof trying to fix something on someone else's roof....smh Anyway, you get the point.

I HATE row homes. 

1 comment:

Staci said...

My house is only about 5 feet from the next so it might as well be a row home. The builder built a similar subdivision a block over--same house plans and everything. A few years ago, one house caught fire, but because they were so close together, six or more burned down before the fire department could put out the first fire. It's going to happen here one day.

But worse than that's the noise. Let's say I have a lot of neighbors who like the bass turned up to full blast. I am grateful though that we don't share walls or roofs so I don't have to hear worse than that.