Saturday, June 11, 2011

Eurotrips and Such: France

Before I get started, I forgot to add in the 'Spain' post that I had to travel solo....in a way. 2 of my friends were supposed to go on this trip with me but one told me at the last minute she wasn't able to go because of financial issues and the other I haven't even heard from.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let me tell you about my time in France....

First off, we weren't there long enough which is the perfect excuse to go back someday. Half the time was spent on a bus driving from Spain to France so we didn't get there until around 7pm. Then the next day we had a day trip to a perfume factory and got back around 4pm but had to leave the next morning. Anyway, I really enjoyed what little time I spent in France. We didn't go the traditional route which is Paris, Eiffel Tower, etc. We were in the south of France in Cannes (you know, the place with the huge film festival) then spent a brief moment in Nice followed by a morning pit stop in Monaco on the way to Italy.



I wasn't there for long so I couldn't do much and therefore there's not much for me to talk about in this post. I will say that the beach (which was across the street from our hotel) was beautiful with CLEAN and clear water. Emphasis on the clean which is rare in American beaches. I tried French food and yes I mean snails. It wasn't the usual escargot because they didn't have it at this particular restaurant but it was some other snail. The waiter said the difference is that the snails we had live in a different part of the ocean or something like that. They were actually pretty good but fishy smelling so try to just eat it without smelling too hard.




In my opinion, one of the best parts of France (and the entire trip) was the hotel we stayed in. It was awesome because the rooms were really like little apartments. There was a kitchen area with a table & chairs, stove, sink, refrigerator, and the cabinets had full sets of dishes with silverware and everything. We were in a quad so there was one room with a big bed, another with bunk beds and a pull out couch. And the bathroom was clean which is always good. The pool at the hotel was also beautiful but we opted for the beach. If you ever go to Cannes be sure to stay at the Pierre & Vacances Cannes Beach @ 11, av Pierre Semard, Cannes la Bocca.


That's really all I have to say about France. I mean, it's the freaking French Riviera, what more do you want! Next up: Tales from Italy!

No comments: