Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Marriage: Yay or Nay?

There's lots of talk about marriage these days. I think I'm noticing it more because I'm now at an age when the first thing people want to know is when I'm going to get married and have kids. No pressure or anything -__-. The big debate I keep seeing is whether marriage ruins relationships. Many people today don't see the value in marriage other than from a legal standpoint i.e. taxes, healthcare, and other rights that come along with that little certificate. I just feel like our current generation no longer values the institution of marriage for whatever reason.

One argument is that marriage ruins relationships which is understandable to a degree but not necessarily true in all cases. I read somewhere a while ago that marriage enhances the relationship you already have which I firmly believe. If you have a good relationship already, marriage will make it better. But if your relationship is a disaster, getting married will only make things worse. This logic makes perfect sense to me.

Now, with all this being said, I've never been married or even close to being married so I don't speak from experience. Just basing my opinion off of things I've heard and what makes sense to me. I think marriage is challenging either way and something that you need to put effort into to make it work, just like any relationship. But like I said, I have no experience to speak of when it comes to marriage so I'm just guessing here. Hopefully I'll find out someday.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Angeline said...

Hey girly !
I was reading your post about your trip with EF college breaks. Is it okay if i ask you some questions about it ?

Miss K said...

Of course, ask away!